T20 World Cup 2024: Akshar Patel big statement after India and Afghanistan match

T20 World Cup 2024: Akshar Patel big statement after India and Afghanistan match

T20 World Cup 2024 is starting from June 2. Before that Akshar Patel has given a big statement.

The first match of the T20 series between India and Afghanistan was played on 11 January in Mohali. Akshar Patel looked in great form in this match. Akshar Patel took 2 wickets for 23 runs in his four overs of bowling. Meanwhile, he managed to take two wickets while spending 23 runs.

Axar Patel was the second most economical bowler for the blue team in the first T20 match. During the match, when Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran from the opposition team had set foot on the wicket, they broke the partnership and made a comeback for the Indian team.

cradit image : Google

Axar Patel got Gurbaz stumped by the wicketkeeper in the first eighth over. After this, in the next over, he also forced Rahmat Shah to leave the pavilion. Patel bowled Shah and showed him the way to the dressing room.

Patel, returning after injury, continues to be effective in the field. He took six wickets in the first 5 matches against Australia. After that, he also had a strong performance in the 3-match ODI series on the South Africa tour.

Considering Axar Patel’s consistently good performance, it is expected that he may get a place in the Indian squad for the T20 World Cup. However, he is not too worried about the upcoming tournament right now.

Akshar Patel told his plan regarding T20 World Cup

While addressing the press conference after the match, he said that he is not thinking too much about his selection, because he does not want to put extra pressure on his mind.

Patel said, ‘We still have two matches to play, after that the IPL will start. I’m not thinking that way. World Cup time is going on. There is competition in the team, but it depends on you how you take it.

He further said, ‘Before the T20 World Cup, there is a Test series and IPL. So I am not thinking too much ahead and want to keep myself free from the pressure of selection. And you must have seen my record, I can do anything. So at the moment I am not thinking too far ahead.

Post Comment